.

Christian Rape-A-Babe News!

News and Views about catholic clergy sexual abuse and related issues
     
Why only terrorists? Hang Catholic Rapist Priests too, deliver justice!

This would only be in line with their own hocus-pocus teachings.The catholic Church has continuously investigated sexual abuse and procedures by their own ilk, since the Council of Elvira in 309 C.E. and has nevertheless indulged in these crimes ever since, for nearly 2000 Years.If we now start to believe or trust, liars, criminals, cheats and deceivers, we have only ourselves to blame.

They lie in the name of their 'Lord',
let us speak out in the name of TRUTH
Catholic clergy Bible thumpers having trouble remembering
Let us tell them
WE HAVE TROUBLE FORGETTING

Thursday, 23 November 2017

Ex-priest in NSW court over abuse claims

A former Catholic priest is expected to apply for bail in a Sydney court following his extradition from New Zealand on historical child sex charges.
The 58-year-old's matter was mentioned briefly in the city's Central Local Court on Wednesday afternoon.
He's been charged with sexual and indecent assaults in the late 1980s against seven males aged between 14 and 20.
He was originally arrested at his Hamilton home in New Zealand in late July after Sydney detectives received a referral in 2014 from the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
It's alleged the assaults were linked to an educational facility in Dundas in western Sydney.

First the Catholics, now the Anglicans have a sex abuse scandal

We’re still reeling from the revelations about rampant child abuse within the  Catholic Church. Now the Anglican Church looks like it has a sex scandal of its own, as the ABC has revealed in an in-depth story about the abuse women are suffering at the hands of their priest husbands.
The women shared their stories of sexual and physical abuse with the ABC, with some claiming that the church had known for decades that some of its ministers were spouse abusers, but had done very little about it.
One victim told the ABC that she was married to an Anglican priest who would demand sex and if she objected, would wait until she fell asleep before raping her – an abusive pattern that went on for years, she said.

https://startsat60.com/news/first-the-catholics-now-the-anglicans-have-a-sex-abuse-scandal

Cardinal George Pell's legal team requests documents from ABC journalist Louise Milligan, book publisher

Lawyers defending Cardinal George Pell on historical sexual offences have requested documents from ABC journalist Louise Milligan and Melbourne University Press relating to a book about the senior Catholic published last year.
The book written by Milligan called 'Cardinal: the Rise and Fall of George Pell' was voluntarily removed from Victorian bookstores after Cardinal Pell was charged in July.
The request for documents was made during a hearing in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court today.
The 76-year-old is facing multiple charges of historical sexual offences involving multiple victims after an investigation by Victoria Police's SANO Taskforce.
Cardinal Pell has strenuously denied any wrongdoing.
He was ordained as a Catholic priest in 1966 and served in various roles in regional Victoria, before becoming Melbourne's Archbishop in 1996.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-23/george-pell-legal-team-requests-documents-from-abc-journalist/9183594

This bishop protected the church's holy image, instead of protecting children

  • By a Broken Rites researcher (article updated 23 November 2017)
Broken Rites research has discovered how an Australian Catholic leader (Bishop William Brennan) covered up allegations of clergy sex-abuse in his diocese. Police charged one of Brennan's priests (Father Bernard Connell) with allegedly abusing two boys in different parishes but Bishop Brennan hired an expert legal team to defeat the charges. One of these victims then asked Bishop Brennan for help but the bishop shunned him. The bishop's main aim was protecting the church's holy image, instead of protecting children.
The accused priest, Father Bernard M. Connell, belonged to the Wagga Wagga diocese in southern New South Wales. This diocese extends southward to Albury on the Victorian border. This is one of the eleven dioceses into which the state of New South Wales is divided. Bishop Brennan was in charge of the Wagga Wagga diocese from 1983 to 2002.

http://www.brokenrites.org.au/drupal/node/388

Wednesday, 22 November 2017

Former Catholic priest to face court over alleged sexual assaults at a Dundas educational facility

A former Catholic priest will face court after being charged with the alleged historic sexual assault of seven youths at a Dundas educational facility.
His arrest comes after allegations of a series of assaults during the late 1980s were raised during the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
Police said the man, 58, was initially arrested at his Hamilton home in New Zealand on July 31 following a three-year investigation.
At about 7am on Wednesday, November 22, Rosehill police travelled to New Zealand and extradited the accused to Australia.
It is alleged the assaults on the males, who were aged between 14 and 20, happened between 1987 and 1989.

http://www.parramattasun.com.au/story/5074449/former-catholic-priest-charged-over-alleged-sexual-assaults/

Father Paul David Ryan was protected by the church, but victims got him jailed and now he faces more charges

  • By a Broken Rites researcher, article updated 20 November 2017
This Broken Rites article reveals how Catholic Church authorities covered up the child-sex crimes of an Australian priest, Father Paul David Ryan, during his career in the state of Victoria (and also during seven visits by Ryan to the United States). This enabled Ryan to endanger more children in more parishes in TWO countries. Eventually, helped by Broken Rites, some victims began reporting Ryan to the Victoria Police, resulting in a jail sentence for Ryan in 2006. Now, Paul David Ryan is scheduled to face a committal hearing in early 2018 in the Melbourne Magistrates Court (case number H12143748), relating to more boys who he allegedly assaulted during his priestly career in Victoria.

http://www.brokenrites.org.au/drupal/node/54

Australia Royal Commission itemises a ‘national tragedy’

Sexual abuse of children has occurred in almost every type of institution in Australia where children lived or attended

Australia's Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse is to have a final public sitting in Sydney next month, on the eve of delivering its final report to Governor-General Sir Peter Cosgrove on 15 December, to thank the community for its support. The CEO of the Catholic Church's Truth, Justice and Healing Council, Francis Sullivan, told a national meeting of Catholic secondary school principals in Adelaide that the final report – the delivery of which will mark the formal end of the Commission's work more than five years after then Prime Minister Julia Gillard announced its creation in November 2012 – was expected to comprise up to 17 volumes, at least three of which were expected to deal with the Catholic Church.
However, it is not clear when the report will be made public as that normally occurs only after tabling in Parliament, but none of Australia's federal or state legislatures is due to sit between 15 December and Christmas, the start of Australia's summer holidays. So the report may not be made public until early 2018.

http://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/8125/0/australia-royal-commission-itemises-a-national-tragedy-

Monday, 20 November 2017

Chrissie Foster says the Federal Government must implement all royal commission recommendations

IT’S been a tough year at the end of several decades of tough years for Chrissie Foster, who campaigned for a royal commission into child sexual abuse after two of her daughters were raped by a Catholic priest.
Her husband, Anthony, died suddenly in June, a decade after the overdose death of one of their daughters who was five when she was raped.
But a speech by Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse chair Justice Peter McClellan on Tuesday cut through the grief and “hit home”, Mrs Foster said.
Justice McClellan said there was evidence of an “understanding” in the past that police would protect church child sex offenders because it would be detrimental if “pillars” of society were exposed as criminals.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5055097/grieving-widow-wants-action-after-the-speech-that-shamed-police/#slide=1

Friday, 17 November 2017

Man accused of historical sex offences

A former employee at Parramatta Girls' Training School has been committed to trial over alleged historical sexual assaults against schoolgirls.
Frank John Valentine was last year charged with more than 30 offences from the 1970s including rape, assaulting a female and committing an act of indecency, and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
Court documents show the 77-year-old was further charged about six months ago with another five historical offences against a male.
At Parramatta Local Court on Thursday, Magistrate Jennifer Giles committed Valentine to trial after he waived his right to a committal hearing.
He is scheduled to be arraigned in the NSW District Court on December 7.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/37892437/man-accused-of-historical-sex-offences/

Sins of omission – should Catholic confession always be confidential?

Australian law may soon require priests to break the confidentiality of the confessional and report anything they hear about sexual abuse. Would it simply bring the practice into line with therapy or does it pose a mortal threat to a cherished sacrament?
There’s a story that is sometimes told, in refresher courses for priests who regularly take confession, that goes like this: when a well-known local criminal died, he was given a full Catholic funeral. The faithful were outraged – not only was he a sinner, he was a well-documented, public sinner. Don’t worry, said his son (who happened to be a Catholic priest), I heard his confession on his deathbed. At once, the son was hauled in by his bishop and ticked off – not for taking his father’s confession, but for talking about it. Everyone knew he meant well, said the bishop, but the seal of confession was sacrosanct: under no circumstances could it be revealed who had given confession to whom, and what it was about. If he had done the latter, he might even have been excommunicated.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/15/sins-of-omission-should-catholic-confession-always-be-confidential

Thursday, 16 November 2017

Former NSW priest charged with child abuse

A former Anglican priest has been charged with sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy in the NSW Hunter region in the early 1990s.
Newcastle detectives began investigating the now 75-year-old in 2016 after a referral from the child sexual abuse royal commission.
Police say the man is a former "senior" priest who allegedly abused the boy in 1991.
He was arrested on Tuesday morning at a home in Kotara.
He is facing four counts of aggravated sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault and is due to appear in Newcastle Local Court on December 7.
Bishop Peter Stuart of the Anglican Church in Newcastle says each allegation of sexual abuse is a matter of "deep shame and regret" for the people of the diocese.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/37861525/former-priest-charged-with-child-abuse/

Government must not limit child abuse inquiry to state care, victim advocates and experts say

A senior member of the Catholic Church has thrown his support behind a strengthening bid for a royal commission into child abuse, but will not pledge the same from the institution as a whole.
Bill Kilgallon wants his own church – and all other faith-based institutions – to be included in the Government's inquiry into the abuse of children in state care before 1992.
 The call comes as concern continues to mount that the Government's inquiry will miss the scale of historical child abuse in New Zealand if it limits its scope to state-affiliated or owned institutions.
 READ MORE:
Renewed calls for Royal Commission into abuse of people in state care
Minister will apologise to anyone abused in state care
Generation of children brutalised in state care won't get public apology
* Catholic rape survivor: I want a Royal Commission into clergy sexual abuse
The Kiwi who's cleaning up the church for Pope Francis


https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/98799043/government-must-not-limit-child-abuse-inquiry-to-state-care-victim-advocates-and-experts-say 

Child abuse royal commission chairman criticises police, church in speech ahead of report

Police forces failed in their duty to protect Australian children because they often refused to believe their complaints about sexual abuse, the royal commission's chairman says.
Child protection agencies also failed to listen to children, leaving them in situations of danger, Justice Peter McClellan said in some of his final remarks before the commission's final sitting.
The chairman of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse gave a speech in Melbourne this afternoon, critical of Australia's major social institutions for seriously failing to protect children from paedophiles.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-14/royal-commission-chairman-justice-peter-mcclellan-speech/9147514

Former Newcastle Anglican Dean Graeme Lawrence and the fall from grace

GRAEME Lawrence was the charismatic 13th Anglican Dean of Newcastle who supported the Hunter through the 1989 earthquake, the 2005 Bali bombing and the 2007 floods, and was honoured for his work by a grateful community.
He declined to comment on Tuesday after police charged him with sexually assaulting a teenage boy, 15, in the early 1990s, following a referral in 2016 from the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5056545/honoured-to-arrested-former-anglican-dean-graeme-lawrence/

Wednesday, 15 November 2017

A former Marist Brother, now 79, is named in court on charges from the 1960s

  • Article by Broken Rites, updated on 14 November 2017
A 79-year-old former Marist Brother, Kevin Joseph Jewell, has been charged in court with indecent assaults allegedly committed against boys 50 years ago. The boys were students at a Marist Brothers school (now known as Marist College Eastwood). The Kevin Jewell case had its first preliminary mention in Sydney's Burwood Local Court on 13 November 2017 — case number 2017/00324154. The next mention is listed for 17 January 2018.
According to police documents, one of the alleged victims was a boy (then aged nine, now aged 60) who was a pupil at this school (in Hillview Road, Eastwood), in the 1960s. In 2017, this former pupil spoke to NSW police. Later, detectives from Ryde Local Area Command commenced an investigation and located four other men who alleged that they, also, had been assaulted.
Police allege that these five boys were all assaulted within this school in Eastwood between 1967 and 1968.

http://www.brokenrites.org.au/drupal/node/423

Monday, 13 November 2017

Ex-teacher facing 99 sex abuse charges excused from court on account of his age

A former teacher and Catholic brother accused of 99 historical sex offences will be absent from a pre-trial committal hearing in Melbourne due to his age.
Lawrence Fitzpatrick, 90, appeared in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday charged with abusing 18 victims, including children under 14, at Sale, Briagolong, Stratford and Rosedale between 1971 and 1977.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/exteacher-facing-99-sex-abuse-charges-excused-from-court-on-account-of-his-age-20171113-gzk6gt.html